Lowering Links Explained:
On the Mercedes-Benz W219 CLS-Class, there are three Ride Height Sensors affixed to the frame of the vehicle. Each sensor is connected to the suspension system by a short linkage called a Sensor Arm. The stock sensor arms or "links" are of fixed length and move with the suspension. They establish the position of the sensor which indicates to the computer what height the vehicle should be sitting at.
- GhostLinks replace the stock sensor arms with Fully Adjustable Aluminum Links. When shortened or extended, they change the voltage sent to the computer by the sensor. The computer then evaluates the ride height to be higher than the factory setting and compensates by lowering the vehicle.
- Electronic Modules are expensive and limit the heights that your vehicle can be dropped. They often have to be hard wired which may lead to factory warranty issues. Worst of all, lowering module installations are difficult and costly to reverse. Professional shops charge anywhere from $300-$400 to reverse the wiring associated with the module installation and we have seen lowering modules fail after only a few years. GhostLinks at the stock length places your vehicle at the stock height; the standard/reverse thread design allows you to adjust the links on the vehicle for easy and infinite height adjustment. GhostLinks require no wiring or modifications, they cost a fraction of what lowering modules can and take only around an hour to install. You really do achieve the best of both worlds with the GhostLinks kit!
Why GhostLinks are the best:
- No other kit has the OE style connecting ends.
- No other kit allows for adjustment on the vehicle. One side is reverse threaded so that adjustment can be performed on the vehicle without removal of the link. They are essentially aluminum turnbuckles.
- Our links come with a 30-day money back guarantee.*
- We have a customer service hotline to assist with installation and questions. We make sure that you're happy with our product: (310)839-3509.
Q. Will lowering my vehicle diminish my ride quality?
A. No. Vehicles equipped with hydraulic or air suspension can be lowered to an infinite number of heights. Your ride quality will not diminish just as long as there remains enough hydraulic fluid or air in your suspension height component. In other words, there is a fine line between normal ride quality and the height where the ride quality begins to diminish. This point occurs anywhere from 1" to 3" depending on the application.
NOTE: There is a misconception that lowering modules provide for better ride quality. The reason for this is that lowering modules do not allow you to lower your vehicle as drastically as GhostLinks do. Lowering links and lowering modules do the same thing. Links change the voltage reading reported to the suspension module from the height sensor while modules simply manipulate the voltage reading coming from the height sensor. The end suspension height calculation by the suspension module is the same. Ghostlinks just provide you with the option/ability to dial in your vehicle's height as low as you would like. It then becomes a matter of ride quality versus cosmetic appeal. The choice is yours!
Q. Will lowering my vehicle improve the handling?
A. Yes. A lower center of gravity will improve your vehicle's handling characteristics.
Q. Will the Ride Height Control inside the vehicle still function?
Q. Will I need an alignment?
A. Yes, the alignment should be checked. Lowering a vehicle will usually affect the camber position of each wheel.
Q. How will the GhostLinks effect my warranty?
A. Our kits have never caused any issue on any vehicle. If for some reason your vehicle's air suspension failed while under warranty, we recommend installing the original links which takes no longer than 30 minutes to do.